The FFA requires all players to play in their correct age group which may not correspond with your school year. The ‘U’ stands for Under, and the number is the age. Age is determined as at 1st January of the current season. Players may be permitted to play up an age group (at the discretion of the technical body), but are not permitted to play down an age group. Boys are not permitted to play in a girls competition, however girls may play in the boys competition up to U12.
Please ensure that you select the correct age group when registering.
Age Groups for 2021:
- Little Easts: 3-5 years old
- Minis U6: players turning 6 during 2021 – born in 2015
- Minis U7: players turning 7 during 2021- born in 2014
- Miniroos U8: players turning 8 during 2021 – born in 2013
- Miniroos U9: players turning 9 during 2021 – born in 2012
- Miniroos U10: players turning 10 during 2021 – born in 2011
- Miniroos U11: players turning 11 during 2021 – born in 2010
- Miniroos U12: players turning 12 during 2021 – born in 2009
- Juniors U13 players turning 13 during 2021 – born in 2008
- Juniors U14: players turning 14 during 2021 – born in 2007
- Juniors U15 players turning 15 during 2021 – born in 2006
- Juniors U16 players turning 16 during 2021 – born in 2005
- Senior Men: Males aged 18 and up
- Senior Women: Females aged 18 and up
*G stands for Girls.
If you have any questions, feel free to email Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org